Heaters for Warmth and Comfort
As the temperatures drop and colder seasons arrive, having an electric heater or gas heater at hand gives you more control over your comfort and your energy bill. Shop Ace Hardware now to find the best heater for your space.
An electric heater is a simple solution to your heating needs. All you need is an outlet to start warming up the room. Look for options with built-in safety features like cool-touch exteriors, overheat protection, automatic safety shut-off systems, tip-over protection and adjustable thermostats to help keep your home, your family and yourself safe while it’s in use. Consider these helpful hints while you shop for the best electric heater for you:
- Determine the square footage of the room you want to heat and compare the heating capabilities of each product before you buy.
- Look for designs with convenient carry handles for easy portability between rooms.
- Shop top-rated products designed for quiet operation.
Our assortment of gas heaters is available in a variety of fuel sources. Shop gasoline heaters, kerosene heaters, propane heaters and more to find the best solution for your space. While you shop, look for the following features:
- Kerosene heaters with high BTUs to provide quiet, quick and efficient heat.
- Products that can warm up to 5,500 square feet.
- Multi-fuel heaters that offer a powerful yet silent heating solution.
Radiant Heat vs. Convection Heat
There are two main types of portable heaters: radiant heaters and convection heaters. Learn more about each type to determine which is best for your needs.
Most small space heaters are radiant heaters. They are ideal for putting beside your bed or workspace, but less useful for keeping an entire space warm. Radiant heaters are:
- Used to heat smaller, specific areas within a room.
- Better for heating up the air right in front of the heater.
- Not as effective at heating a full room when compared to a convection heater.
A convection heater draws air over a heating element continuously to increase the heat in a space. If you’re looking to maintain a warmer temperature over an extended period of time, convection heaters are the best choice. Convection heaters can:
- Take time to warm a room, but does so more consistently than a radiant heater.
- Use fans to help heat up your space.
- Often be used in fan-only modes to help you stay comfortable year-round.
Know Your Square Footage
Portable heaters are only designed to heat up a specific amount of space. If your space is larger than the square footage specified on the heater, you may not achieve the desired temperature. Before you measure your room, keep in mind that high ceilings can lead to inadequate performance, as there is a larger area that needs to be heated.
Ace Hardware is your source for portable heaters. Browse our selection of electric heaters, gas heaters and kerosene heaters online to find the right option for your heating needs.