Grilling season is in full swing. When tailgating, hosting friends or showing off your culinary skills to the family, a grill is a must-have piece of equipment. Ace Hardware carries the latest styles of grills & outdoor cooking gear to help you take your grilling game to the next level. If you’re not sure which grill is the best option for your grilling style, we’re cooking up some recommendations for the most common types of grills to help you make your decision.
3 Common Types of Outdoor Grills
Although there are many types of barbecue grills available, finding the best fit for your cooking style doesn't have to be complicated. Here's a breakdown of 3 of the most common types of grills.
Fueled by either propane
or natural gas, these gas grills
make outdoor cooking almost as effortless as cooking in the kitchen. After getting the burners going and waiting for a couple minutes to preheat, you're ready to cook everything from delicious steaks and juicy burgers to mouthwatering veggies and sides.
- Available options like prep shelves, side burners and tool hooks take the guesswork out of preparing and grilling food.
- Ignition feature ensures easy lighting, time after time.
- Gas burns cleaner and is more cost-effective than charcoal.
- Increased temperature control allows you to cook food more evenly.
One of the most appealing things about this type of BBQ grill is that it combines the perks of both a grill and a smoker. Simply load food-grade pellets into the hopper where they'll be delivered to an auger. After setting the grill to your preferred temperature, you won't have to make many adjustments, thanks to the electronic temperature control commonly featured. Pellet grills
operate by electricity and, overall, they offer impressive performance for novice and pro grillers alike.
- Cook meats like roasts, briskets and ribs with less monitoring required.
- Fuel a pellet barbecue grill only with food-grade pellets created specifically for pellet grilling.
- The grill automatically adds pellets to the auger and firepot as needed for a hands-off experience.
A longtime favorite of grillers for many reasons, charcoal outdoor BBQ grills add rich, smoky flavor to food. These grills are available in an array of sizes and styles, and many models include wheeled stands for easy mobility. Many charcoal grills
have an air intake towards the bottom that allows for manual temperature adjustment. Additional vents tend to be located on the top, and the more air that enters and exits, the hotter the charcoal will become.
- Available features like lid rests, tool hooks and temperature gauges offer better cooking convenience.
- Higher-end charcoal grills come with igniters that eliminate the need for additional lighter fluid.
- Once the temperature is stabilized, it usually remains consistent throughout the entire grilling process.
Shop Quality Grills and Grilling Accessories from Ace Hardware
Take your cooking skills outdoor with BBQ grills and smokers from Ace Hardware. Shop online or at your neighborhood Ace for grills from top brands like Traeger, Blackstone, Weber and Big Green Egg. Then, find fuel
and the grill cooking accessories
you need to get started, like utensils, thermometers and more.